Exclusive interview with Tammy

by 3:13 PM 0 coments

Tammy (Sofi Tamara) is taking part at the National Selection in Romania with her amazing song called "Firebird". She took part at the national selection in 2008 and 2009, but this year, she wants the big trophy and the honor to represent the country at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest.

What made you decide to take part at the National Selection for Eurovision this year?
 I feel Eurovision is a great opportunity for me to extend my horizon, it’s a great chance to prove what I can do. Also, Firebird is a great song and I decided, together with Mister Z, the producer of the song, to give it a try, who knows what might happen.
 What do you know about Eurovision? Do you have any favorite songs from past editions?
 I know that the idea of Eurovision started in 1950 in Switzerland. Also, some extraordinary artists like ABBA and Celine Dion have competed on the show. What I love about it is that everything matters. It’s not just about the song, or the singer’s voice, or the show you put on stage. It’s about the whole package. This is what it’s all about. I know the people watching this show have seen a lot of great artists perform so we will try to put together something great for them. I like many songs from the past editions but my favorite is Loreen, I still listen to Euphoria.
 What do you think about Romania's achievements at Eurovision? Who were your favorites and why?
 I think Romania has some impressive achievements. We did great at this show, people have high expectations from us which is good, high expectations get great results sometimes. I would say my favorites are Luminita Anghel and Sistem and Malina Olinescu.
 Tell us something about your song "Firebird". What is it about?
 Firebird is about a love story that dies every night and is reborn the next morning. Kind of like the Phoenix bird. It’s about the struggles we have to overcome for the one we love, but, like the song says: if we fight for love, everything is going to be good.
 Did you prepare something special for the live show?
 Yes, I did. I want it to be a surprise so you will have to wait to see it on the show. I hope you guys are going to love it, we worked really hard on this.
 Why should people vote for you and for your song?
 If you listen to the song and it reminds you of your first love story, or the current one, or the love you aspire to, you should vote for it, but that is not the point. This song was not made for collecting votes. I hope it makes you sing when you listen to it, so, just enjoy the song.

Florin Marian Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.