It's time for Romania's Semifinals!

by 11:38 AM 0 coments
Hello, Eurovision fans from all around the world!

I am Andreea Itu and, if you remember, I was a journalist for Florin's blog last year, before the Eurovision Song Contest in Baku, under the pen name of Shirley Green. In case you would like to get to know me a little bit more, just take a look at my previous articles here and here.

The reason why I am back in this international Eurovision-loving community is an honorable one, that makes me responsible with a very important task : I will be replacing Florin, who deservedly obtained the title of "Official Blogger" of the Romanian National Selection once again, in the semifinals of this year's edition of our favorite song contest. Therefore, I will be more than happy to keep you updated with the latest news and impressions of the entries competing for a place in the National Final, scheduled for 9th March, straight from the Green Room!

As a warm-up before the events which will be taking place this weekend, I must admit that I am very impressed by the songs which have qualified for the semifinals; in my opinion, the quality of these entries is superior to that of last year's participants. Like all my fellow countrymen, I am still waiting for the moment Romania will walk away with the Eurovision Song Contest trophy, and I have the feeling that our time might have finally come at least for another presence in the final top 5. Who knows?

That being said, I am looking forward to being your special link with the Green Room of the Romanian National Semi Finals. Therefore, keep an eye on this blog on Saturday and Sunday from 9 PM (GMT+2) for an exclusive live presentation of the events!




Sammlerin

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.