(1) Live Report - Listening to Romania's hopefuls

by 9:34 AM 0 coments
Semifinal 1 (23 February 2013)


 1 Tudor Turcu  "Hello"   

I'm not really impressed by this song, I find it quite annoying but I have to listen to make my final decision. That "Hello" and the screaming makes my brain crazy...this is not a song for Eurovision and won't do a great job in Malmo for sure.

2Casa Presei "Un refren" 

Wow...this is one of the few songs in Romanians but it feels like it was brought to future from 1987. I absolutely think that this song is not suitable for Malmo. I find it quite cheap though...

 Electric Fence"Emilia"

Finally an entry that will get through the Semifinal for sure. Still I have to admit that their last song was way better than this one. That girl has an incredible voice but I'm sure the song and singing in English is not the best choice for her.

 Diana Hetea"I Believe in love"  

Her voice was a little bit shaken but good in general. I mean she changed a bit (not in a good way sadly). This is a good ballad that will probably go through the Semifinal but won't reach top 15 for sure.

Station 4 "Your heart is telling me so"

Here is a group that is trying to survive from the X Factor. And...no, I don't like them and I certainly think that hey won't do a great job in Malmo + I'm sure that this is not 100% live. The song is good though but sadly wrong people are singing it.

 6Edict "Buddy Buddy"

Ladies and Gentlemen this is our entry for Junior Eurovision. We had Anuta last year and now this girl. I don't like this entry, it sounds too childish and not a winner for sure.

 7 Free Stay"Criminal mind"

Wow finally a good surprise! I like the sound but the guitar thing is way too much and ruins the song. I hope this will qualify in the Final.

 Maximilian Munteanu "Broken heart"

And things got boring again. Awful, awful and awful! It's like Mr. Bean singing his love entry....

Brigitta & Mihai (feat TIPS) "One heart"

Instead of singing "funny, funny, funny" I think they should sing "Annoying, annoying and annoying". A very cheap entry that Cascada and Emmelie de forest will step on in Malmo. Terrible!

10  Natalia Barbu"Confession"

Well I find this quite good in many ways but her voice is not good at all! In some places she is ruining the song and I have the impression that she's going to die when she reaches the high notes. Pity!

 11 Spin & Cezar Dometi"Silver lining"

Dreadful! Yet, another annoying and cheap song that will bring us the last place in the Semifinal in Malmo + the woman screaming is so freakin' annoying. In one word this entry is HORRIBLE!

 12 Liviu Mititelu"La donna di Nero"

I usually hate gypsy songs but I have to admit that this guy made a good impression and his song has nothing to do with 'manele' but still this is not suitable for Eurovision in my view.

 Cezar"It's my life"

"Beauty and the beast" needs this song as a cover! He reminds me of Bulgaria 2009, which was a total disaster. This won't stand a chance at Eurovision....still the producers of the "Beauty and the beast" might contact him LOL 

14  Tammy"Firebird"

YAY! Another good surprise! I absolutely love this song though I hope her voice will sound the same in the live shows. The song has interesting sounds and with a good videoclip this can do an amazing job in Malmo. Love it!

 15 Luminita Anghel"Unique"

Probably I heard it too many times before...but I don't see this entry the best one to represent Romania this year. Luminita's voice was not that good in 2010 and that's the main reason I have some doubts this year. It's a cool entry that will definitely qualify for the Final but somehow she is not a winner for me!

 16 Anthony"Dream girl"

Here is the 1st American song that wants to represent Romania. Actually this can be a great hit on MTV but not at Eurovision.
Below you can see my first rankings of all the songs from Semifinal 1:



Conclusions of the 1st Semifinal:

  • Tudor Turcu might qualify since he won the X Factor this year. 
  • Most of the songs are very weak and definitely the winner of Eurovision 2013 is not here! 

Florin Marian Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.

0 coments: