Shirley's Weapons

by 11:51 PM 0 coments
I have been looking forward to being a blogger for a long time now, and, first and foremost, I would like to thank Florin for giving me the chance to become one. I feel honoured to become a journalist on his blog dedicated to this amazing song contest, which is Eurovision.

As this is my first article, I have to introduce myself. I am a sixteen-year-old girl from Romania who cannot sing and who has little musical experience. Whenever I discuss about Eurovision Song Contest, all I do is argue and debate. Now you're probably wondering what I am doing here. Well, it's my passion for this competition that made me apply for becoming a writer on this blog, as well as my will to share my ideas with you, fellow Eurovision fans. It's quite overwhelming to know there will be so many of you reading my posts, music lovers from all around the world!

I have always been kind of interested in Eurovision, but I began to be more keen on it in 2008. Back then, I used to listen to that edition's entries together with one of my classmates, during each and every break at school. Since then, I have watched all the semi finals and finals of the contest, giving marks to the participants during the recap at the end of each show. However, this year, something happened and I started to do research on this edition almost three months before the actual event. And here I am now, a journalist on this blog. My weapons? A vast knowledge of 2012's entries, a critical nature and a strong determination to support my many favourites, no matter what! I am aware that my judging criteria and way of thinking may not appeal to most of you, so you might soon hate me :P

Alright, this is all for now, I wouldn't like to bore you with this introduction, so I will reveal more of my opinions and predictions later on. Until then, keep an eye on Florin's blog!



That's me.
Shirley Green.

Sammlerin

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.