Eurovision Song Contest 2012 – Analysis from the Overseas – Semifinals 1

by 2:05 PM 0 coments
Hello there! As my promise at the introducing post, now I will provide the first part of the analysis of all the participating songs. Are you anxious over there? If yes, I'll provide them here. The analysis below is my opinion of the songs, and as always your opinions are different – feel free to share it! And here are mine from the first semifinals:

  1. Montenegro
    Here we start the first entry with the first enjoyable song from Montenegro. The song title is "Euro Neuro" and sung by Rambo Amadeus. This song genre looks like rap-ethnical, but although most of us considering this song as a joking song, don't worry – I'm not consider that song as joking as long as I can enjoy it. :P
  2. Iceland
    The country near Greenland but far from all over Europe wil perform second at the first semifinal. They have great touching and one of my addictive songs this year. This is one of my high favorites that so-called priorities and they should be one of the Grand Finalists announced first. It's a shame if this song didn't qualify to the grand Finals. The song title is "Never Forget" (Icelandic: Mundu eftir mér) and sung by Gréta Salome and Jónsi.
  3. Greece
    Another addictive song comes in. This country have one of the amazing songs this year. I think this is one of the songs who sounds pop-folk and who knows, this song will make a surprise. Let's dancing and don't forget to sing this song along! As you know, Eleftheria Eleftheriou will represent Greece with the song "Aphrodisiac". That word means too happy or something like that...when I opened them in a dictionary. Actually, when I looking for a definition of that word, the word aphrodisiac soon will become my favorite word. An off-topic fun fact. :D
  4. Latvia
    The middle of the Baltic countries (neighboring Estonia in the north and Lithuania in the south) have another great song. One of my favorite countries and the participating song (Beautiful Song sung by Anmary) are one of my favorites. I think this song will be a dream become true in one day, and hopefully the singer will achieve their dreams! Actually, this is sounds like a pop-ballad over there. I enjoy this a lot and hopefully Latvia will do their best. Davai, Latvija! :) (P.S.: The official video was a little bit funny there – dream please come true! :D ).
  5. Albania
    Some says that the song from the former colony of Italy is full of screaming – and yes it is. But, those "screams" makes this ballad touching. I think, this song will placed high at either the Semifinals and Grand Finals and will advance to the Grand Finals. But any surprise with this song in the D-Day, who knows?! One of the greatest songs I have ever heard...and hopefully the song can do the best. And as you know, Armenia will be represented by Rona Nishliu with the Latin-titled song "Suus" (English: Personal). And let I think if this song translated in English...must've been one of very-touching songs over there (but there is one – Jazz English version).
  6. Romania
    This amazing country continues their amazing way in Eurovision Song Contest. This year, they will be represented by Mandinga with the Spanish-sound song "Zaleilah". This song rhythm sounds Spanish, but it's very enjoyable! There are some phrases of Spanish that you can learn and also don't forget to dance!!! This song is one of the most enjoyable songs this year. Congratulations for the song and good luck at the real Eurovision! And don't forget – they perform, we dance! :D
  7. Switzerland
    The country when Mount Titlis is has an amazing rock song. Although I don't really like the style, but I enjoy the song a lot. And don't forget – this was the first ever song sent in Eurovision Song Contest 2012 – because the National Finals' date was December 10th, 2011. And you know exactly the song. Unbreakable by Sinplus. ;)
  8. BelgiumThere are many ballads and I like it, however I consider that Belgium sends one of the strongest ballads this year. I'm shocked because actually I don't really enjoy that song, and now I like it. There will be tons of great songs over there, and this song makes me remember to another country's entry...also with a ballad, but in this semifinals and will perform slight after Belgium. Great song, indeed – "very well done", Belgium! :)
  9. Finland
    One of greatest songs over there sung in Swedish by Pernilla Karlsson. The song title is "När jag blundar" and this song is strong! One of my candidates through the Grand Finals and also one of so-called priorities for me. If this song didn't qualify in the Grand Finals, it will be another surprise from the certain semifinals. Ahh...this song that I mean in the Belgian side, when I listened to the Belgian entry I remember the Finnish entry, as always – same style worths. :P
  10. Israel
    I thought this country will withdraw because of Yom Ha'atzmaut, but they are participating. I like one of the phrases in the song "time, time, don't let me down" and makes me remember to another song which almost had the first line "dont' let me do-o-own" (maybe it's a Queen one? I forgot). And I have to note that this song is one of the most enjoyable songs. I enjoy this a lot and  don't waste time to listen to this song! :D
  11. San Marino
    The one of country in country at Italy has their song that makes me remember to an Indonesian song which have the same theme – social network. I enjoy the song and the pop song which title is originally "Facebook Uh-Oh-Uh-Oh-Oh" and it's the potrait of everyday life in this digital era. And yes it is. Hopefully you can do your best, San Marino! :)
  12. Cyprus (scroll them to find out the country)
    Another enjoyable pop-ethnic song (like that but sounds like pop for the most parts) sung by Ivi Adamou. La-La-Love is the title of the song, as you know it. Yes...for exact I enjoy this song, and makes me remember to the song "Remembering the Summer Nights" by Nikki Ponte. And yay – from one of my most enjoyable songs this song is also my top. If there is a surprise from this song – as always – who knows?! :D
  13. Denmark
    Another great ballad from the ones who organize Melodi Grand Prix. Should've Known Better by Soluna Samay is the entry from this country. They have another great enjoyable song and another strong ballad and when the country that have Little Mermaid statue reach the Finals, I'll be glad of it because they have great song.

    Just five entries remaining to listen, but a bunch of countries with the great songs over there and when the dress rehearsal comes, I think there are confusion for which country the juries are voting for. :D
  14. Russia
    The biggest country in the world has a big spirit – the Grannies Buranovskiye Babushki have an unstoppable spirit. Although they are old, they can do well in the pre-selection with surprising win even against Dima Bilan. And from the song's side (the real analysis), they have another great enjoyable songs, from those enjoyable songs I pick this song as a priority from the first semifinals. Although there are many enjoyable songs over there – this song, if remixed, may be a little funny or crazy (I'm not hear them yet – wondering) and don't forget to party rocking and dancing! Also don't forget that this song sounds like a pop-disco like the ones who like the disco one, here is the alternative choice by Russia. :P
  15. Hungary
    The country when Attila from sends their best song this year, Sound of Our Hearts by Compact Disco, to Eurovision Song Contest 2012. And from the country when the Elizabeth Bridge is located, I really enjoy the song. It's a pop-ballad and hopefully Eurovision fans will enjoy the Hungarian song. Good luck and wish you all the best, Hungary! One of my favorites this year. But they are in the middle, unfortunately. :(
  16. Austria
    A little broken song from one of the hosts of UEFA European Championship 2008 (with Switzerland in that time) because one of the words that usually positive people don't use or something like that...and the translation is going crazy if you translate them in English. But by the way, the song is really enjoyable. Looks like the rap ones but this is great, too. Super enjoyable and good luck Austria! :)

    P.S.: I'm wondering if this song translated in English. People will be all shock and laughing if they hear the English version and if there is available ones. :D
  17. Moldova
    The Romanian-titled song sung in English (Lãutar) by Pasha Parfenii is one of the greatest enjoyable songs that I have ever heard. This song style looks like the Turkish song...pop-ethnical, but I consider that this song has more ethnical side than the pop side, but I like it a lot! Not just because I'm a big fan of folk songs, but this song can make us dance! As crazy as you can, but not as crazy as you listen to the Romanian and/or Russian song. :D
  18. Ireland (you should scroll them to find out the country – flag-style as always!)
    Jedward is one of the two-years-repeater at Eurovision Song Contest. This year is their second year, placed 8th of 25 Grand Finalists last year. They have an enjoyable song, but not make us crazy as 2011 that made me dancing crazy. By the way, I think the song is great, well done Ireland, and good luck at the real Eurovision! :)
That's all my analysis and now here comes my votes from all those analysis. Let I start in a crazily realistic Eurovision way (Grand Finals mode on):

Hello, Europe! This is Indonesia calling.
Here are the votes from Indonesia:
(on the screen)
1 point goes to Russia
2 points goes to Greece
3 points goes to Romania
4 points goes to Moldova
5 points goes to Israel
6 points goes to Denmark
7 points goes to Latvia
(reading the points out loud)
And now...8 points from Indonesia...goes to...
Hungary
And let we give the 10 points to...
Finland
Finally, 12 points from Indonesia goes to...
Albania
That's all the votes from Indonesia

Good luck to all the songs participating in the first semifinals, wish you guys all the best and luck! And don't forget – feel free to share your opinions about the songs and why they deserve the place to the Grand Finals. :D

NEXT UP: Second semifinals coverage from Indonesia. Which point will Indonesia give to the participants? How is the participating songs? Will there be any surprise? Let's find out...

tatasport

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.