Eurovision 2014 - Latest News Part 1

by 11:31 PM 0 coments
Hello dear readers, I was really busy studying for a huge exam so I didn't took care of my little blog recently. In the last period a lot of things happened in the Eurovision World so let's make a small summary about those recent events: 

  1. Copenhagen will host Eurovision 2014! 
Just as I predicted a few weeks ago, Copenhagen will have the honor to host the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest next year. I'm really pleased about this decision but the so called 'arena' looks like a garage that everyone forgot until DR picked it to host this great event. Is this a good decision? Well it better be! Somehow I know that Denmark won't disappoint us but yet the slogan was already revealed , "Join us" are the two magic words that every Eurovision Fan will scream in May next year. From my point of view this is not creative at all but somehow I like it because it's simple. (Still my favorite slogan was "Share the moment" - Oslo 2010 and I also loved "Feel your heart beat" - Dusseldorf 2011). 
Anyway thumbs up Denmark for bringing Eurovision back to a capital and thumbs down for the arena, slogan and the fact that you want to change the presentation clips for each country by transforming them in a small presentation about the artist's feelings about the contest. (sounds so dull and boring) 
You can read more about Copenhagen and accommodation here. 



    2. Austria and Germany confirmed participation! 

I'm really happy because I love both countries. I'm still sorry that Austria failed to qualify this year (mostly because there was no movement on the stage when Natalia performed but her vocals were stunning) and as for Germany, I loved the song but the performance was to aggressive for Eurovision, I mean come on, you're not giving an ordinary concert right? (Still Germany was in my personal top 10). 
The good part is that both countries will take part at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest! 
  
   3. Margaret Berger releases a new single "Human Race" 

It is no secret that I didn't like "I feed you my love" but after a lot of re-listening's I became addicted to this song! Sadly I can't say the same thing about her new single "Human Race"...I find it way to depressive and not my cup of tea at all! 
Anyway this is how Margaret describes her new single:
 "The song is melancholic, futuristic and apocalyptic. It is a disco song about the hopelessness you may feel belonging in the human race, when we commit violent and immoral acts against nature, animals and each other. Hopefully the beat of the song will help one to dance away the feeling of hopelessness."
You can listen to Margaret's new single here.  

These are the most important events that happened recently in our beloved Eurovision World. I will try to keep my blog updated from time to time now. 

Leave your thoughts in a comment below



Florin Marian Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.

0 coments: