Exclusive Interview with Anouk (Netherlands)

by 10:11 PM 0 coments

Last week, I had the chance to ask Anouk a few questions about Eurovision. Anouk will represent the Netherlands at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest with her song "Birds", which will be revealed on March 11th.


 

1. What made you decide to take part at Eurovision this year?

I wanted for a few years but timing wise it never seemed to be possible. This year it just all fell in to place. And the fact that everybody told me that I should not be doing it made me even want it more.

2. What do you know about Eurovision? Do you have any favorite songs from past editions?

 In the past years I have not followed Eurovision really close. I saw the 2012 edition. I liked Loreen that year. But I remember some of the songs of the past. probaly the ones that everyone knows like Abba
3. What do you think about Netherlander's achievements at Eurovision? Who were your favorites and why?

 To be honest I don't think there has been a lot great achievements from the Netherlands in the Eurovision.
 4. Tell us something about your song "Birds". What is it about?

 I can not really tell you what it's about. I'm not good in explaining my lyrics. you have to listen and decide for yourself. somebody might have a complete different feeling with a song than the one I had when I wrote it. That's the beauty of music.
It's definitely not the kind of song that people will expect from me.
 5. Did you prepare something special for the live show?

 I want it to be as much about the music as possible.
 6. Why people should vote for you and for your song?

 People should vote for the song they feel is the best.
 7. Do you know some famous artists from Romania?

 No
Follow Anouk's official Facebook page HERE. 

Florin Marian Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.