Exclusive interview with Lys Assia

by 1:53 PM 0 coments
Last week I was lucky enough to get a small interview from the one and only Lys Assia. As everyone probably knows, she will try once again to represent Switzerland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with a new catchy song called "All in your head"  with New Jack Rap group.

1. Why did you decided to make a comeback this year?

Hallo Romania! How is the flow? Well, like everyone in the world I have dreams. The dream that I know have in my life is to represent my home country once more in the contest.

2. Are you confident that you will get the chance to represent Switzerland this year at Eurovision? 

I prefer an intern chosen artist and no selection with other artists and songs. But if this is what my country wants, then I’ll play by the rules. Together with rapgroup New Jack, I’ve got a very strong and catchy song. We can do this. But I’ll need some luck.

3. What does Eurovision mean to you?

When you say Eurovision, you say my name and when you say my name you say Eurovision. It means a lot to me. It’s a big part in my legendary career, without it everything would be different for me.

4. How will the live show be if you pass to the next Swiss round? 

Well, I’m sorry but that will be a big secret for now. What I can say is that New Jack and I will give a performance full of energy. So it’s very important that my Romanian fans vote for me in the internet selection!


Lys Assia was born in March, 1926. She represented her native Switzerland in the first three editions of Europe's Favourite Tv Show, performing no less than four different entries.

1956: Das Alte Karussell

1956: Refrain (Winner)

1957: L'enfant Que J'étais (Eighth)

1958: Giorgio (Second)

Lys Assia was the first of only three winners to defend their title in the following year. The others being Corry Brokken in 1958 and Lena in 2011.You can help Lys by voting her song right here and also like her page on Facebook here.

Florin Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.

0 coments: