Eurovision 2012: Predictions Semifinal 2

by 3:01 PM 0 coments
Semifinal 1 is over now  and we have the 10 qualifiers. I actually predicted 9 out of 10 songs so let's hope it will be that easy for the next semifinal. The show last night was very cheap and I was really annoyed to see Azerbaijan doing so much promovation. The design is a copy paste for Dusseldorf and it's a clear fact that this Eurovision is not the best at all.
Let's start the predictions for Semifinal 2: 

Serbia
Serbia is the first country to open the Semifinal with a decent song that will probably qualify. Personally I don't enjoy the song that much but still my prediction is: Yes!

F.Y.R Macedonia
Someone on YouTube wrote: "did you noticed that every Macedonian entry sounds the same?".. Hmmm well that's it's true. I didn't hear a good entry from this country since 2006 but anyway good luck! My prediction is: NO!

The Netherlands
After so many years the Netherlands finally sends something that deserves the Final. This year we might witness a 'miracle' for the Netherlands and finally see them in the Final. My prediction is Yes though I might be wrong.  

Malta
Nothing special from Malta. We're in 2012 and not in 1991..... in the end my prediction is No. 

Belarus
Same as Malta...this song has nothing special to offer...it's like I was listening to it years ago. Due to political facts this song might qualify. My prediction is No. 

Portugal
I love this ballad though I'm not sure of its chances to qualify tomorrow. If Portugal qualified in 2009 - 2010 I think they might qualify in 2012 too. My prediction is  Yes. 

Ukraine
As I said before this song wasn't for Eurovision...it's for promoting their football championship. If it was for me I would never gave them a ticket to the final but people are very naive so my prediction is Yes. 

Bulgaria
I think that this song doesn't stand any chance. Bulgaria had better entries so my prediction is No. 

Slovenia
Just as Hungary, Slovenia did a great job sending this beautiful ballad and singer. I deeply hope that the public and jury will appreciate it. My prediction is: YES. 


Croatia
I really don't like this song though it has a lot of possibilities to qualify tonight. Let's not forget that all her brother countries are in the same semifinal and we might witness a shocking night. My prediction: No


Sweden
I found Loreen's performance from the Jury Rehearsal.... cheap filming.... they even caught a camera on the screen and the platform is clearly visible... I'm so disappointed of Azerbaijan's cheap organization. No doubt Loreen will qualify. Prediction: definitively YES

Georgia
I finally found the perfect word to describe this song: HORROR! OMG do I really have to watch this? What it's going on with you Georgia? Prediction: No 

Turkey
Sincerely I never liked the song and I really think that the final will be without Turkey. Still If Azerbaijan and Germany votes in this Semifinal they will easily qualify. My prediction is No, though I might be wrong. 



Estonia
  Never liked this song but I think it might qualify. My prediction is: Yes 

Slovakia
I really don't think this song will stand any chance in qualifying tonight + this kind of songs are not so successful in the modern Eurovision. My prediction is: No 

Norway
I have a friend who is obsessed with this song and everyone seem to like it. Tooji will probably end up in Top 3 tonight. Prediction: Yes 

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Classy songs are always successful at Eurovision ( Lithuania in 2010 ). Personally I don't enjoy it that much but my prediction is: Yes 

Lithuania
This song is really good and the singer suits it very well. My prediction is: Yes



My personal qualifiers are: Netherlands, Portugal, Ukraine, Slovenia, Sweden, Lithuania, Norway, Estonia, Serbia and Bosnia.  

Countries which will probably qualify: Lithuania, Bosnia, Norway, Estonia, Sweden, Slovenia, Ukraine, Portugal, Netherlands and Serbia. 

Countries that won't qualify for sure: F.Y.R Macedonia, Slovakia.

Florin Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.

0 coments: