Eurovision 2012: Predictions Semifinal 1

by 9:38 AM 0 coments
Finally the big day arrived and now we're waiting for the first Semifinal to be aired in just a few hours. As usual it's time to make predictions and cross our fingers for the best songs to  qualify tonight. I have to say that it was difficult to choose and in the end I've divided my qualifiers in different parts. 
So let's start! 

Montenegro

The first country to open the semifinal is Montenegro...which will disappoint A LOT of people. The song is a disaster + voice is twice terrible. Even the singer admitted that "the people from Montenegro are not happy with my song"...so then why did you do it? Montenegro has no chances to qualify but has good chances to obtain null points today. So my prediction is: NO

Iceland
Everyone loves this song and I'm sure that will end in top 3 tonight. Greta has an incredible voice even though Jonsi is not that good...they will certainly qualify. Congratulations Iceland for sending amazing entries every year. My prediction is: YES

Greece
Greece will be the third country to enter the semifinal will a good dancing song. At the beginning when I saw the rehearsals the voice was terrible but now miraculously it sounds better. I'm not sure if this will qualify but Greece has a lot of supporters every year so my prediction is: YES 

Latvia
Latvia has a lovely song but I'm not so sure if this will qualify tonight. It has been a while since Latvia didn't qualified and I hope this year they will go to the Final. Their neighbors are not in the same semifinal so it will be difficult for them to qualify and sadly I have to give a NO to Latvia though I want them to qualify. 

Albania
Oh God...how much I hated this song a few month ago and now I LOVE IT! Rona has incredible vocals but I'm not so sure that this will earn Albania a place in the Final. I know that the juries will probably appreciate it but how about the televoters? I want Albania to qualify but it's unknown whether they will or not. So my prediction is NO. 

Romania
 Romania has a great song with a lot of potential! It's a clear fact that we will qualify because we have our "friends" with us in the semifinal but it's not only that...people from all over the world LOVE Zaleilah and I'm sure that Romania will be in top 3 tonight. My prediction is 100% YES!

Switzerland
Switzerland was the first country to choose it's entry this year. I watched their National Final and I had different winner but we have to admit that the song sounds quite nice. In the end I would like to see Switzerland in the Final this year even though I'm a little suspicious. My prediction is NO.  

Belgium
What a boring song right? Well If you saw the rehearsal you might have changed your mind. The stage presentation is awesome and her voice is GREAT! I'm sure that the juries will love it but I'm not that sure about the televoters. My prediction is: YES! 

Finland 
Still haven't changed my mind about this song. To make it more "interesting" they added a 10 meter dress to the singer and and a wind machine if like that would earn them a place in the final? My prediction is definitively NO!

Israel
Here comes the 90's song with low potential to get a place in the final. I rather preferred to see Dana back... my prediction is NO even though a surprise might come tonight!  

San Marino
Do I really have to talk about it? Well... San Marino doesn't stand any chance in qualifying but Valentina smiles a lot and I'm sure that she gained a lot of fans during her promoting tour. She has a great personality but still my prediction is...NO.

Cyprus
This song is amazing and everyone expected a bad voice because it's really hard to sing it. Well we all proved to be wrong... Ivi has a great voice and knows what to do on the stage. I might vote for her tonight...so my prediction is: YES! 

Denmark

As usual Denmark sends incredible songs every year. Soluna knows how to show her feelings when singing and this will earn her a place in the final ( top 5 for sure ). My prediction is: YES!

Russia
Waw...here we have a big problem. You might like Russia if you are the kind of person who loves being funny and takes care of older people and you will hate Russia if you think that Eurovision is only about music, performance and voice. It's a clear fact that they are not promoting music for sure. People will love them though I'm not sure what the juries think.. my prediction is YES!

Hungary

One of my favorite entries this year. Since their National Final the main singer improved his vocals and now the song sounds amazing. I deeply hope that the juries will give points for it as for the televoters I'm not that sure. In the end my prediction is Yes even though I might be wrong. 

Austria
Well...this song doesn't stand any chance in qualifying. Austria is one of the countries who made a BAD choice for Eurovision. My prediction is NO!

Moldova
The song is good but the choreography is like a monkey dancing after it was burned. Pasha's voice has improved since March and it may get a place in the final ( Romania will help ). My prediction is: YES!

Ireland
Am I the only one who thinks that Ireland is a joke since 2011? Oh my God I had enough of Jedward.... their vocals are terrible... and they are hoping that people will vote that fountain. Sadly people are naive and will vote Jedward tonight and my prediction is Yes....they will sadly qualify. 


My personal qualifiers are: Iceland, Greece, Latvia, Albania, Romania, Switzerland, Cyprus, Denmark, Russia and Hungary. 

Countries which will probably qualify: Iceland, Greece, Romania, Switzerland, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Russia, Moldova and Ireland.  

Countries that won't qualify for sure: San Marino and Montenegro.

Florin Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.

0 coments: