Eurovision 2013: Review of the first 6 songs

by 5:40 PM 0 coments

We're in January and we already have 7 countries that chose an entry (probably Belarus will change it soon). I want to save time so this year I will start the reviewing more earlier. As a subtotal for now, I'm not very excited but I still believe that the big surprises are about to come.

So here we go!

Emmelie de Forest - "Only teardrops"
This song is a masterpiece! Denmark officially became one of my favorite countries at the Eurovision Song Contest due to this entry. It has a lot to tell and I bet that many people think that this entry has a special meaning. With no doubt this song will qualify and hopefully will reach top 10 in may.

Zlata Ognevich - "Gravity"
As usual, Ukraine picks a song that will qualify and won't face the danger of loosing the final. Zlata has an incredible voice and the song is ok but still it has something missing. I don't like the backing singers behind her....their voice is ruining the song (and NO I'm not a racist). I hope she will somehow improve the song.

Roberto Bellarosa - "Love kills"
Belgium did wrong choosing "Love kills". I have the strange feeling that I've heard this song a thousand times before and has nothing special. Sadly it's quite boring. Average chances for Belgium this year.

Andrius Pojavis - "Something"
What a strange song, huh? Lithuania had better songs in the national final but Andrius won. It's a song with deep lyrics but when you first listen to it you will probably get bored. I'm not sure if this entry will do well this may but we'll see and find out soon. I heard that Lithuania is raising money for Andrius to promote his song and hopefully to make a videoclip.

Adrian and Bledar - "Identitet"
By far the worst entry I've heard so far. What is going on with you Albania? Where are the great songs? Kejsi Tola, Juliana Pasha, Rona those are true artists with amazing song not those two guys screaming something about identity. Sadly for Albania, the chances to qualify this year are very...VERY low.

Helisarmee - "You and me"
Finally a good entry from Switzerland after last year's disaster. I really like and enjoy this song. Switzerland gets the 2nd place in my top for now and I'm sure that they will qualify this year. 

I will skip Belarus since their broadcaster declared that the song will be changed. Every entry will have it's own post on my blog that will contain important details about the song and artist.

What do you think? Are these entries good? Vote your favorite!




Florin Marian Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.

0 coments: