Why Eurovision?

by 9:15 PM 6 coments


  We all have a secret passion and well...my passion is the Eurovision Song Contest which is one of the greatest musical events of the year. Everyone asks me what I like so much about this contest and I always give a simple answer: music and friendship. At the Eurovision Song Contest we have one single and unique language: music!

 We don't need to translate music, we feel it deep in our hearts and that is a special feeling that only a true Eurovision Fans can recognize. Eurovision is not just a simple song contest... it's something that can cross all the barriers and make us understand that music unites us all.

   I discovered Eurovision many years ago and shortly after it became a part of my life. Last year I applied as journalist at one of the biggest Eurovision websites ( EuroVisionary ) and I've meet amazing people who I'm working with today. It is a pleasure for me to write articles about national finals in other countries or share my opinion about Eurovision songs.

  Sadly I didn't had the opportunity to see Eurovision live but hopefully one day I will make this dream come true, that's why this year I want to take part at the National Selection as a journalist for EuroVisionary and support my favorite singers. It will be the first time for me to attend a National Final live...Can you imagine how exciting it could be? All the fans screaming, the performances, the voting..... it would be a dream came true.

  My favorite National Selection was back in 2010 when Paula Seling and Ovi won with "Playing with fire" - one of my favorite Romanian entries ever! I was 101% convinced that Romania will win Eurovision 2010 but sadly the voting was politically influenced and Romania got the third place. This is just a small issue that hopefully will be solved in the following years.

  In the end I wish that everyone realized what Eurovision really means for me and you can always make it your favorite hobby. I love this contest so much that I want to dedicate my whole life to it ( maybe one day I will replace Jon Ola Sand ).

Take care and see you at the Romanian National Final!





Florin Suciu

Writer

Eurovision Fan since 2009, student of History and Accounting.

6 coments:

Márcio said...

I know what's that passion too! It's an awesome thing! Hope that you will live this experience live. Congrats for the article :D

Anonymous said...

Foarte frumos! Si eu sunt fan eurovision si urmaresc anual fiecare editie. Mult succes pe viitor!

CosmeticsAndFlowers said...

Nice post! As all of your posts! Go Romania!

costyn162 said...

nice post..unfortunatelly I discovered this contest just like a two or three years ago. Eurovsion means so much because you have the oppotunity so sopport your country in such an important contest. Of course, the main reason for me to watch ESC is the music; I mean, every year I discover amazing artists and songs from so many diffrent countries. If I could change something in the ESS's rules that would be the way the points are given: it would be nice to return at the rules in 1956..

Charlotte Jensen, EuroVisionary said...

As I have been going to the Eurovision Song Contest as a journalist every year since 2003 I can tell just how much work it is. Working from 8 in the morning to often 10 in the evening every day for two weeks. And aside from that comes all the hard work all through the year with covering national finals from all over Europe, often in a language you don't understand, but have to make the best off. And then we don't get paid for all this work.
It requires a lot of dedication to work as a Eurovision journalist as it quite quickly becomes more than a hobby and much more a lifestyle. I have been living like this since 2003 and it is hard, but I can't imagine it to be any different.

Virginia said...

There are, indeed, reasons to love the Eurovision Song Contest. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it. On fact, family legend has it that, at four months old, my grandmother sat me in front of the tv to watch it and 25 years later, my love for this charming contest endures.